Center for Wellness Services
Supporting Students’ Health and Wellness, Right on Campus
As a student at Mount Ida College, you’ll learn new things in the classroom and about yourself. You’ll make new friends and maybe find some new interests. Along the way, you’ll probably have a time or two where you’re not feeling well. You’ll also want to learn how to make healthy choices about what you eat, how you take care of your body, and how you spend your free time.
The Center for Wellness Services is here to support you, and we’re conveniently located right on campus. Located in Appleton House, just behind Alumni Field, our health and wellness professionals are here to provide you with consultation, care, education and the resources you need for a healthy lifestyle, not just now, but in the future. Best of all, our comprehensive services are included in your student fees, so there is no additional out-of-pocket cost to you for services provided in our clinic.
Our services include:
- Medical Evaluations; Illness, Injury & Prevention
- Counseling Services
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Acute & Chronic Illness
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing & Treatment
- Gynecological Care
- Well Women Care
- Birth Control Options
- Pregnancy Testing
- Pap Smears
- Men’s Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Health Education
- Travel Immunization Planning
Our clinicians can also prescribe medication, help students access laboratory evaluation, and make referrals to specialists. Students’ health insurance will be billed for these external services.
We also offer programs and resources specially tailored to the Mount Ida community, including:
- Annual Wellness Fair
- Sexual health workshops for women and men
- Student Health 101 online newsletter
- Monthly Health and Counseling “Happy Hour”- an opportunity for students to discuss various health topics with Health and Counseling staff members
The safety and the personal growth of all Mount Ida students is integral to a healthy and supportive campus. At the Counseling Center, we are dedicated to promoting emotional and behavioral health through counseling, workshops and educational programming.
Staffed by two Licensed Mental Health Counselors, two doctoral-level interns and a consulting psychiatrist who manages medication needs, you can be confident you will be treated *confidentially, with respect and the caring you need to succeed at Mount Ida.
We are ready to help you with the challenges you may find, through personal counseling as well as workshops such as:
- KORU – Mindfulness and Meditation Training
- Mount Ida is one of only three schools in Massachusetts specially trained and authorized to offer the KORU program.
- Worried Well – Anxiety Management