HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Applying to Mount Ida College is easy if you stay organized and follow the simple "to do" checklist on this page. If you have questions along the way, the admissions team is here to guide and support you. When applying, its important to know that we evaluate many factors for admission--from academic performance and school and community activities to motivation, demonstrated character and leadership potential.
Complete the Application
Students may apply using our free online application, or for a $45 processing fee, submit the paper version, which you may download here:
Gather and Submit Other Necessary Paperwork
To be considered for admission, please submit the following information to the admissions office:
- A check to Mount Ida College for $45 if you submit a paper version application; there is no fee for online applications;
- An official transcript from your high school (or a copy of your GED);
SAT or ACT scores, if not already recorded on your high school transcript;
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation (strongly recommended for merit scholarship consideration);
- A 300-500 word essay describing your future plans and how Mount Ida College will help you to achieve them. Make sure to write about past academic successes and struggles (in either high school or college), extracurricular involvement, leadership positions held, and awards received. (strongly recommended for merit scholarship consideration);
- If applicable, official copies of all college transcripts and course descriptions for evaluation; and
- For students applying to the Dental Hygiene program, you must also complete pre-requisite coursework prior to enrollment, including the following: College Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs, and Microbiology. Contact us at Admissions@mountida.edu for more admissions requirements.
The review process of your application begins only upon the admissions office receipt of your application and other necessary paperwork listed above.
Status Check on Your Application
To check the status of your application, please complete the Application Status Check Form.
For further assistance or information, call or e-mail us at (617)928-4553 or email@example.com.