Food, smoking and cellular phones are not permitted in the library. Beverages (non-alcoholic) in covered containers may be brought into the library.
All students are registered in the Minuteman Library Network (MLN) in order to borrow materials (including reserves). Registration is completed at the Circulation Desk of the Wadsworth Library upon presentation of a valid Mount Ida College ID card. Materials borrowed from other MLN libraries are subject to the loaning library’s policies.
Circulation of Materials
Circulating items may be borrowed for a three-week period. Popular videotapes and DVDs may be borrowed for one week. Periodicals, reserves, and reference books are for in library use. See a reference librarian to access non-fiction audiovisual titles.
Overdue or Lost Materials
If library materials are not returned on time, students will be fined 10 cents per day for each overdue title. The maximum overdue fine is $5.00 per item unless the item is lost or damaged. Fines can be paid online.
Students will be billed for the cost of replacement plus a $15.00 processing fee for lost or damaged materials.
Unpaid bills and non-returned materials will prevent a student from borrowing any additional materials from any Minuteman Library, including the Wadsworth Library.
Any student with large fines, overdue or lost books over a semester old will be billed through his or her college account.
- Donations are accepted based on the selection criteria or for archival reasons.
- The library will accept donations based on the selection criteria and consideration of the following issues: storage, cost to select and process material.
- The library will make clear to the donor:
- The library shall determine housing and circulation procedures for all donated items.
- The library retains the right to dispose of duplicated and other unneeded material as it wishes.
- Material not selected will be given to a program for resale.
- The library does not promise to keep material for the life of the college. At some point in the future materials that are donated to the library collection may be weeded from the collection at the discretion of the library staff based on collection development criteria.
- The library does not promise to notify the patron when the materials are weeded.
- The donation policy is clearly stated on the donation form.
The library has one media room that may be used to create and practice group presentations. This room may be reserved for a maximum of two hours by members of the Mount Ida Community through the library's website. Please check the room’s calendar for availability before submitting a reservation.
Reservations may be made in person at the circulation desk or through the "Ask a Librarian" interface.
When making a reservation please provide the following information.
Mount Ida College email address
Date, day and time for reservation
A confirmation email will be sent to you by the Library once your reservation is entered.