Graduate International Applicants
Mount Ida College values diversity in our ever-changing world. As a College dedicated to the richness of a global community, we invite graduate international applicants to apply to our graduate programs. With our convenient Newton location, just eight miles from downtown Boston, Mount Ida graduate students have a variety of social, academic and professional opportunities available to them. Through these vibrant educational opportunities, our graduate students are poised to become leaders in their respective fields.
International students are eligible to apply to graduate programs at Mount Ida College if they have successfully completed the equivalent of a United States bachelor degree program and have the appropriate diplomas and/or satisfactory results on transcripts or leaving examinations.
- Complete Graduate Admissions Application including essay. You may apply online for free or mail in your application with a $50.00 fee.
- Obtain a minimum of two letters of recommendation (employment supervisor and academic references preferred).
- Submit your official undergraduate transcript (s) from all colleges and universities and current resume to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Write an essay addressing your professional interests and career goals.
- If English is not your first language, send your IELTS, TOEFL score, or successful completion of ELS Center’s Level 112 Course. They may be sent directly from the testing agency.
- Complete Declaration of Financial Support form and submit it with a current, official bank statement or letter on bank stationary, verifying availability of at least $25,000.00 USD. The banking documentation should include the account owner’s name and relationship to you, the student. In order to be admitted, it is required that you should that your family or your sponsor is in a position to pay tuition and costs. We accept original documents only. Please note that the Declaration of Financial Support form must be submitted to Admissions before we can issue you a Form I-20.
- Complete F-1 Transfer Student form for transferring your I-20 from your current institution.
ELS Language Center at Mount Ida College
Another key advantage for international students looking to enroll at Mount Ida College is our strategic partnership with ELS Language Centers. Mount Ida College’s Miller Hall is home to ELS Center’s Newton location. ELS Center provides students with a wide variety of options ranging from intensive English programs and university placement assistance to executive business programs and vacation learning options.
If you do not meet Mount Ida’s language proficiency requirements, another way to fulfill the requirement is to take ELS Language Center’s Level 112 course. Upon successful completion of the course and, if academically admissible, you may enroll in your academic courses. To learn how to enroll, contact Center Director Mark Schaerf at +1 617 244 4448 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.