"Go Green" Committee on Sustainability and Eco-Awareness
Good citizenship in today’s world requires communities to carry out activities designed to ensure sustainability and eco-awareness. Our current and future environment calls for every community to become involved and active in these issues, which require planning, education, coordination, funding, long-term goals, and basic day-to-day practices. For those reasons, the College has established the “Go Green” Committee on Sustainability and Eco-Awareness.
The Committee of students, faculty, staff, and interested parties provides recommendations and oversight to:
• Plan general goals and direction the College should seek in sustainability and eco-awareness concerns
• Serve as the review and reference source for issues, programs, ideas, and questions for sustainability issues
• Encourage, plan, provide and/or support specific programs and community efforts to encourage community and individual involvement
• Establish and recommend long term plans and processes for improving
sustainability to include estimated costs/benefits and priorities
• Advocate for and communicate often eco-awareness issues for community action and participation: Web/Student Publications, etc.
• Assist in seeking additional funds for proposed outreach support
• Ensure that the College is acting in a fully pro-active and responsive way to the issues/evaluate ongoing efforts.