Our online learning programs offer flexibility that career professionals require. The courses are offered on Angel Learning Systems, which is user friendly and requires no special software or advanced computer skills.
Courses, which are four weeks in length, are comprised of a weekly readings, "lecture" and on-going discussions between faculty and participants. The format is asynchronous, enabling students to read lecture notes and participate in discussion at their convenience, day or night and regardless of time zone.
10 continuing education credits per course for nurses, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, and teachers.
Instructors and Dates for the following courses to be announced shortly:
- Drawing Lines in the Sand: Professional Issues in End of Life and Bereavement Work
- Clinical Skills in Grief Counseling
- We Honor Veterans
- Grief Across the Lifespan
- The Dynamics of Children's Bereavement
- Complicated Grief: Current Concepts and Applications
- Spiritual Issues at End of Life
- End of Life Work in a Multi-Cultural World
- Crisis in a Community: Responding After a Tragedy
- Expressive Arts in Grief Work
- Complex Family Dynamics at End of Life