Writing and Math Center Policy
Although our primary focus is on Higher Order Concerns, we do address issues of grammar, mechanics and sentence construction. We do this by identifying patterns of error in student drafts and helping students to develop strategies to address those errors.
What we can do for you:
- Discuss the assignment with you;
- Offer suggestions/strategies for brainstorming and organizing your ideas;
- Read and discuss your draft with you, offering suggestions on how to develop your ideas more fully and organize them in a manner that is easy for the reader to understand;
- Identify patterns of error with respect to grammar, mechanics, and sentence construction, and offer suggestions as to how to improve them.
- “fix” your paper;
- line-edit your paper for grammar, mechanics, and sentence construction;
- tell you what grade we think your paper will receive.