Directory & Information
RoseMary Botti-Salitsky Ph.D. NCIDQ
Director, Interior Design Program; Professor, Interior Design (Faculty)
Phone: (617) 928-4644; CH #127
Primary Department: School of Design
Rhode Island School of Design, M.A.,
Drexel University, B.S.,
Dean College, A.S.,
Capella University, Ph.D.,
Dr. Botti-Salitsky has been instrumental in transitioning the programs curriculum to align with the All College Curriculum. The program emphasizes and encourages professional participation and promotes a global perspective. The baccalaureate curriculum combines the techniques of the trade with the depth and breadth of a liberal arts education and includes an extensive thesis project, a traditional portfolio project, and a digital resume preparing student to work in a global market.
Dr. Rose Botti-Salitsky joined the Mount Ida faculty in 1991, she is a professor and has directed the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) accredited program from 1994 to 2001 with a sabbatical break-resumed the directorship in 2004 to present.
Academic Responsibilities and Involvement: Director of The Interior Design Program CIDA and NASAD accredited 1994 to 2001. 2004 to present. Director of the Center for Instructional Design 2002 to 2008. Inducted into Phi Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, Delta Sigma Chapter 2000
Professional Organizations and Awards:
- 2008 IIDA, International Interior Design Association New England Chapter “Business Leader Honoree”
- 2007 IIDA, International Interior Design Association New England Chapter “Star Award”
- 2006 ASID, American Society of Interior Designers New England Chapter “Presidential Citation”
- 2000 Recipient of the Mount Ida Faculty Award: Ronald Lettieri Award Excellence in Teaching
Membership and Participation in Professional Organizations:
- ASID, National Board Member of the Legislative and Codes Advisory Council 2007-08
- IIDA, International Interior Design Association
- MIDC, Massachusetts Interior Design Coalition. Current President 2004-2006
- AAUP, American Association of University Professors.
- ASID, American Society of Interior Designers.
- IDEC, Interior Design Educators Council
- CIDA, Site Visitor for Interior Design Programs seeking accreditation or renewal 2000 to present
- Distance and non-traditional learning styles and its applications within art and design. My area of research is building a virtual platform that fosters studio learning within the art and design disciplines. Dr. Botti-Salitsky is the director of the Center for Instructional Design: A Bridge to Foster the Infusion of Technology into Pedagogy.
Programming and the research process within the interior design profession.
- Please visit Dr. Botti-Salitsky website for articles and examples of student work.
- Programming and Research: Skills and Techniques for Interior Designers
by Rosemary Botti-Salitsky
?, 208 pp., softcover, 8.5 x 11 (978-1-56367-637-6)
Programming and Research: Skills and Techniques for Interior Designers offers a step-by-step approach to understanding the programming process. Programming is the process of setting forth, in written form, clients’ and users’ requirements for a given project. Drawing on her experience as both an interior design instructor and president of the Massachusetts Interior Design Coalition, Botti-Salitsky shares exactly what programming skills students need to meet the Council of Interior Design Accreditation. Specifically, the designer identifies and analyzes client and user needs and goals; evaluates existing premises; assesses project resources and limitations; identifies applicable life safety, accessibility and building code requirements; considers site issues; prepares the project schedule, develops a budget; analyzes design objectives and spatial requirements; and assesses the need for and coordinates consultants. Using examples of student and design firms, this text will guide students through programming research and help them to create their own programming document.
- School of Design
- Interior Design
- Paper Presentation IDEC International Conference, Pittsburgh PA 2004
- Paper presented at WebCT 2002 4th Annual User Conference, Boston, MA