Senior Citizen Audit Program
Mount Ida College invites senior citizens, especially in Newton and Needham, to embrace our philosophy of life-long learning by auditing a wide variety of classes on our beautiful, conveniently located campus.
Eligibility and Fees
Seniors aged 62 and above may enroll in specifically identified courses. The audit fee per course is $100.00, but for residents of Newton and Needham, along with Mount Ida alumni, the audit fee is waived; you are charged only a $25.00 processing fee.
Auditing of courses is allowed on a space-available basis; participants will be given a preliminary registration and begin class on schedule. Registration will not be official until the last day of the drop/add period. The College reserves the right to withdraw the registration without penalty if the class seat is needed by a degree student at Mount Ida College. Senior citizens enrolling in classes are responsible for meeting course prerequisites, course materials, books, and for the payment of all appropriate fees.
Audit courses available on a space available basis. Audit status in a course gives a student the opportunity to attend class sessions. Typically, audit students do not actively participate oral or written class work and do not take exams.
1. Choose a class from the list of available classes.
2. Print the Continuing Education Registration Form, complete and mail with the appropriate processing fee to the Office of Continuing Education, Mount Ida College, 777 Dedham Street, Newton MA 02459.
3. The Office of Continuing Education will mail you a confirmation, classroom details and a map. If your selected course is unavailable due to space limitations, we will call you to select an alternative course.
You also may register in person. The Office of Continuing Education is located on the first floor of Carlson Hall at the main entrance. Please contact to schedule your visit at (617)928-4015.
Tuition Refund Policy
- Withdrawal before the first class: 100% of tuition is refunded.
- Withdrawal after the first class but before second class: 100% of tuition is refunded.
- Withdrawal after the second class meeting: 0% of tuition is refunded.
Refunds do not include any non-refundable fees.
Payment of Bill
- Tuition and fees are payable in full at the time of registration. MasterCard, Visa or personal check accepted.