The Peer Leaders are expected to demonstrate a positive attitude and enthusiasm for Mount Ida College. They are to display prompt, courteous, and friendly behavior to all. Peer Leaders are asked to challenge theirself and others, learn and be involved. They must communicate effectively with a wide range of people. Perform all responsibilities in a punctual, reliable, and conscientious manner. Peer Leaders are to exercise mature judgment, good humor, flexibility, and patience.
Responsibilities of the Peer Leader program include:
• Mentoring first-year students at Mount Ida College
• Dedicate 10 hours a week to mentee’s and the program
• Designing and facilitating social, educational, and cultural programs on campus
• Observe all Mount Ida College rules and Peer Leader policies; serving as a role model during all programs
• Coordinating and facilitating Real Talk, a campus wide discussions that address current issues campus
• Build partnerships within the local community and engaging in regular service learning opportunities