Welcome Guidance Counselors and College Advisors
Welcome to Mount Ida College and thank you for visiting our website. Mount Ida College is on the move, and this site will keep you updated on what's new at the College. Committed to supporting a diverse community of learners, Mount Ida College admits students of varied backgrounds, interests, and talents who project an ability to succeed through participation in the academic programs, leadership development opportunities, and support services offered by the College.
The Mount Ida College Success Academy advances the education of both guidance counselors and their college-bound students through unique and interactive educational programs. In an effort to promote the success of college-bound students, the Success Academy provides professional development opportunities to guidance counselors as well as a unique "Campus Experience" program to students interested in college study. More...
What's New at Mount Ida
- Mount Ida Professor receives Fulbright for Teaching and Research at University of Zimbabwe. Click here to see full story.
- Mount Ida College and Massasoit Community College sign articulation agreement in Child Development and Criminal Justice. Click here for more information.
- Mount Ida College now offers a Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. Click here to learn more about the program.
- Mount Ida now offers a new minor in history.
- Two new concentrations offered for Equine Management program. Click here to view the curriculum for both Equine Health and Equine Facilities Management Concentrations.
- Mount Ida College School of Design revampes its Game Art and Animation program. Click here to view the new curriculum.
The Admissions Process
In order to be considered for Admission, the following information should be submitted to the admissions office.
- A completed Admissions Application along with a $45.00 application fee. (Please note that the application fee will be waived for students who submit their applications online.) Click here for the online application.
- SAT or ACT scores if not already recorded on your high school transcript.
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation.
- An essay or personal statement on any topic (minimum of 300-500 words).
- Official copies of all college transcripts and course descriptions for evaluation, if applicable.
Mount Ida welcomes transfer students at any stage in their education. We recognize the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) of the College Board. We grant advanced standing for applicable courses completed with requisite grades at other regionally or nationally accredited colleges. Accordingly, applicants may qualify for advanced standing for satisfactory performance in AP and/or CLEP examinations in subject areas appropriate to their chosen major.
If applicable, transfer credits are evaluated individually and awarded for courses that are similar in content and depth to those required in your program of study. Certain studio art courses may require a portfolio review before transfer credit is awarded. Credit may also be given on an individual basis for life experience. Appropriate courses with a grade of “C” or higher will be awarded transfer credit. Please be assured that every attempt is made to transfer the maximum number of credits earned prior to your admission to the College.
International Applicant Information