Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion coordinates a complex, interdepartmental series of support services designed to assist in the recruitment, retention, and graduation of multicultural students on campus. The OMA strives to promote diversity at Mount Ida College by heightening awareness and encouraging dialogue through:
- Developing and implementing educational, cultural and social programs for students, faculty, and staff.
- Advocating for under-represented and international students on campus.
- Working collaboratively with other campus departments to foster an environment that values and actively supports an inclusive and diverse campus community.
Goals and Objectives:
- Attract and support students from the broadest diversity of backgrounds and educational interests to the dynamic learning environment at Mount Ida College.
- Explore and address issues related to diversity and multiculturalism among faculty, staff, and students.
- Plan advocacy and education activities to further the College community’s understanding and commitment to diversity.
- Provide academic and financial support and services to academically successful minority students to promote retention and persistence to graduation.
- Collect and analyze retention and graduation data on minority students.
Office of Diversity & Inclusion
777 Dedham Street
Newton, MA 02459
617.928.4713 - fax