Crisis Response Overview
The primary responders to any emergency situation on the Mount Ida College campus are officers assigned to the Department of Public Safety who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please do not call off-campus emergency response personnel directly as Mount Ida College Public Safety officers must coordinate emergency responses on campus, including determining the appropriate emergency response, contacting off-campus emergency response personnel, contacting appropriate College personnel and directing traffic. In an emergency the Department of Public Safety can be reached from any campus phone by dialing 911 or by dialing (617) 928-4777 from any non-campus phone.
In emergency situations, the College will send out an MIR3 EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM alert. You will receive this by MIC email and, if you have entered additional contacts in the MIR3 system, you will also receive a phone call or texts. Instructions on adding additional contacts to the system are available on the MIWeb portal under Campus News.
In the majority of emergency situations, students, faculty and staff should remain inside their residence hall or classroom building until given instructions by emergency personnel unless there is a direct threat to one’s physical location within a given building, such as fire or structural damage. Resident students should report to their residence hall lobbies in emergency situations to await further instructions.
If students, faculty and staff are in academic or other non-residential buildings when an emergency occurs, please remain in your classroom or other common areas to await instructions from emergency personnel.
Should you need to evacuate your building, the following are the established “rally points” so that we can provide updates and confirm that the building has indeed been evacuated:
Building Evacuation Rally Points
1. Malloy Hall – Shaw lawn near TRIOS statue
2. Chapman Hall – Shaw lawn near TRIOS statue
3. Brown Hall – Lower Athletic Field, on the gravel
4. Shaw Hall – Lower Athletic Field, on the gravel
5. Wingate Hall –Wingate Parking Lot
6. New Hall – Lower Athletic Field, near the softball field
7. Athletic Facility – Lower Athletic Field, on the gravel
8. Chamberlayne Hall – Lower Athletic Field, on the gravel
9. New England Institute – Alumni Field - bleachers
10. Longfellow – Alumnae Gym
11. Miller House – Fire road between Alumni Field and Vet Tech
12. Appleton House – Veterinary Technology Building Parking Lot
13. Halden Center – Veterinary Technology Building Parking Lot
14. Library – Veterinary Technology Building Parking Lot
15. Veterinary Technology Building – Hallden Center Parking Lot
16. Facilities Building – Veterinary Technology Building Parking Lot
17. Ricker Hall – Veterinary Technology Building Parking Lot
18. Alumnae Gym– Longfellow Pond picnic area
19. Holbrook Hall – Longfellow Pond picnic area
20. Academic Technology Center – Softball outfield
21. Carlson Hall – Carlson Parking Lot