Success happens here. Founded in 1899, Mount Ida College is a small, private college in Newton, Massachusetts, just minutes from Boston which provides career focused programs built upon a strong foundation in the social sciences, humanities and the arts, all developed and implemented to prepare our approximately 1,400 students for success in their chosen fields of endeavor.
With a tight-knit, inclusive community, a diverse student body, winning NCAA Division III sports teams, a beautiful and safe suburban campus, and a vibrant school spirit, Mount Ida is the place where students become the best version of themselves.
Mount Ida College currently seeks applications for a Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director who has the vision to lead and manage our brand, which has recently been re-launched, on the web and in social media and print. In this newly created, highly visible position, you will have the opportunity to build a brand and be an integral part of our success story. You will be responsible for building a creative team of vendors and freelancers, including printers, graphic designers, photographers, and videographers, in addition to working closely with our branding design agency.
Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field required, along with 3-5 years of experience on a branding, marketing or advertising agency team. Additional qualifications include:
- Prior experience managing multiple projects from concept through completion with little supervision
- Deep understanding of brands, trends and conceptual development
- Exceptional aesthetic discipline and design skills
- Strong layout and typography skills with command of color, composition and hierarchy
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Bridge); Keynote Microsoft Office and Mac platform proficiency
- Extensive experience with mobile platforms and web content management systems, ideally Word Press; solid knowledge of HTML, HTML5 and Flash as well as other digital design best practices
- Prior experience directing photo and video shoots for print, web and social media
- Experience with online media, mobile, social networks, rich media and digital trends
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, link to portfolio of design work, recap of your social media presence and contact information of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
Mount Ida College
777 Dedham Street
Newton, MA 02459
Mount Ida College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications of individuals who would increase the richness of the College’s diversity are welcomed.