This spring, riders of the Mount Ida College campus shuttle will be able to track the shuttle travel its routes in real-time through the launch of our new online tracking system offered by Ride Systems.
Many of our 1,300 students, faculty and staff who take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service daily, connecting riders to and from campus to Newton Centre and Boston, will now have the convenience of tracking the location and time of arrival of the shuttle at a particular stop in real-time. The service is live and available for use immediately.
Tracking data is updated every 10 seconds. In addition, the site includes several helpful features including color-coded bus routes and icons that let riders know where the shuttle is, when it will arrive and to receive important transportation announcements.
Wherever you go, whatever you use
Ride Systems allows riders to track the exact location of our shuttle in real-time through a web application accessible to riders through any web browser, native apps for the Android and iPhone, as well as a mobile version of the web app for other mobile devices. You may download a free app from iTunes.com or play.google.com to track the campus shuttles through your daily routes on your smartphones.
Tracking the shuttle online with GPS will allow you to know exactly when the shuttle will arrive to our pick-up and drop-off locations which include:
- Chamberlayne Hall on Mount Ida College campus
- Chestnut Hill Shopping Center
- Newton Centre stop, MBTA Green Line – Branch D, 27 Braeland Ave.
- Weekend service to Legacy Place Mall
How to access the Mount Ida shuttle tracker:
- Visit MountIdaShuttle.com
- Download the iPhone app from Apple’s App Store
- Download the Android app from Google Play
- For mobile users without an Android or iPhone, visit MountIdaShuttle.com. A version of the web application designed specifically for a mobile browser will load.
The app displays only the routes currently in service. For complete shuttle routes and schedules, visit our campus shuttle webpage.