Ensuring a productive study environment
To ensure a quiet and productive study and learning environment for you, we ask that you and all students comply with the following policies:
- You may not smoke or use mobile phones in the library.
- We allow light snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic) in covered containers
- You must register your Mount Ida ID card at the circulation desk in order to borrow materials, including reserves, from the Wadsworth library and Minuteman Library Network (MLN).
- Materials Borrowed from other MLN libraries are subject to the loaning libraries’ policies.
Circulation of materials
- Most circulating materials may be borrowed for a three-week period.
- You may borrow DVDs for one week.
- Periodicals, reserves and reference books are for in-library use only.
- Please see a librarian to use non-fiction audiovisual materials.
Overdue or lost materials
- You will be fined 10 cents per day for each overdue title. The maximum overdue fine is $5.00 per item, unless the item is lost or damaged.
- Students will be billed for cost of replacement plus a $15.00 processing fee for lost or damaged materials.
- Unpaid bills and non-returned materials will prevent you from borrowing additional materials from any Minuteman Library, including the Wadsworth Library.
- If you have large fines or books that are overdue or missing for more than a semester, the fine will be billed through your college account.
The library accepts donations on the consideration of the following issues: storage, cost to select and processes materials; or archival reasons.
- We shall determine the housing and circulation procedures for all donated items.
- The library retains the right to dispose of duplicated and other unneeded materials as we wish.
- Materials not selected will be given to a program for donation.
- We do not promise to keep material for the life of the college. Materials may be weeded from the collection at the discretion of the library staff based on collection development criteria.
- We do not promise to notify the patron when the materials are weeded.
- The donation policy is clearly stated on the donation form.
Get books and articles from other libraries
Wadsworth also provides Inter-library Loan (ILL) services for materials outside of the Minuteman Library Network. To request an item, please email the librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the ask-a-librarian page. Please use this form to request resources. You also may make these requests in person at the library.
Wadsworth Library also provides you course reserve books, which, if necessary, allows you the temporary use of available textbooks. The library invites instructors to place course-related material on reserve, including books, articles, videos, DVDs and audio recordings. You may check out reserve materials at the circulation desk with your library card for two hours of in-library use or per instructor’s instructions. To determine reserve availability, search our online catalog by course name, number, or professor’s name; use the drop down menu to the left of the search box.