Ensuring a productive study environment
To ensure a quiet and productive study and learning environment for you, we ask that you and all students comply with the following policies:
- You may not smoke or use mobile phones in the library.
- We allow light snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic) in covered containers
- You must register your Mount Ida ID card at the circulation desk in order to borrow materials, including reserves, from the Wadsworth library and Minuteman Library Network (MLN).
- Materials Borrowed from other MLN libraries are subject to the loaning libraries’ policies.
Circulation of materials
- Most circulating materials may be borrowed for a three-week period.
- You may borrow DVDs for one week.
- Periodicals, reserves and reference books are for in-library use only.
- Please see a librarian to use non-fiction audiovisual materials.
Overdue or lost materials
- You will be fined 10 cents per day for each overdue title. The maximum overdue fine is $5.00 per item, unless the item is lost or damaged.
- Students will be billed for cost of replacement plus a $15.00 processing fee for lost or damaged materials.
- Unpaid bills and non-returned materials will prevent you from borrowing additional materials from any Minuteman Library, including the Wadsworth Library.
- If you have large fines or books that are overdue or missing for more than a semester, the fine will be billed through your college account.
The library accepts donations on the consideration of the following issues: storage, cost to select and processes materials; or archival reasons.
- We shall determine the housing and circulation procedures for all donated items.
- The library retains the right to dispose of duplicated and other unneeded materials as we wish.
- Materials not selected will be given to a program for donation.
- We do not promise to keep material for the life of the college. Materials may be weeded from the collection at the discretion of the library staff based on collection development criteria.
- We do not promise to notify the patron when the materials are weeded.
- The donation policy is clearly stated on the donation form.