Learn how your child can join the Longfellow community
Parents considering a placement for their child are invited to visit Longfellow Preschool starting in mid-October of the year prior to enrollment. At that time, families will have the opportunity to observe the morning program and meet with the director and teachers to learn more about Longfellow’s philosophy, policies and procedures. Applications are available at the time of the visit. Receipt of application by Longfellow Preschool does not automatically indicate acceptance into the program. Acceptance is based upon the following considerations:
- Maintaining a balanced gender and multiage group
- The number of spaces available in a given year
- Priority consideration to Longfellow alumni families, Mount Ida faculty and staff
Longfellow accepts students into the program by mid-December. At that time, a $500 nonrefundable deposit is required. To schedule a visit please contact Marlene Greenstein, Director.
Tuition and scholarships
The tuition for 2015-2016 is the following:
- Morning Program: $7,350.00
- Longfellow 3 Transitional Kindergarten Program- $8,999.00
- Early Morning Drop-Off: $10 per day (Monday through Thursday)
- Extended Day: $40 per day (Monday through Thursday)
Scholarships: Scholarships, based on financial need and the number of qualified applicants, are awarded independently of the enrollment application process.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Longfellow Preschool does not discriminate in providing services to children and their families based on race, religion, cultural heritage, political beliefs, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation of parents.