Campus Life

Campus life at Mount Ida College

Mount Ida College is vibrant, close-knit and co-ed community of approximately 1,400 students from around the United States and the world. You’ll thrive on our beautiful 72-acre campus in Newton, Massachusetts (not far from Boston). Here, you’ll find the ideal combination of best-in-class career programs and campus activities, including cultural organizations, clubs, social programs, recreational opportunities and NCAA Division III sports.

We encourage you to make your campus experience uniquely your own. You can join the 60 percent of your classmates who live in campus housing or off-campus college-sponsored housing. Or, you can decide – as the other 40 percent of our students do – to live at home or in your own place nearby.

campuslife_landing2013

Now, is a great time to be a Mount Ida Mustang! Many ongoing and recent campus renewal projects have resulted in more comfortable and functional living and learning spaces, upgraded campus amenities and updated historical buildings to meet the needs of students, like you, for a new age:

  • A new campus center at Carlson Hall with fantastic dining options
  • Malloy Hall – our largest residence hall – a major renovation
  • More student fitness space coming soon to our Athletic Center
  • All-season turf at our Alumni Stadium
  • Our expanded, state-of-the-art Dental Education Center & Community Dental Clinic
  • Significant renovation of 100-year-old Shaw Hall as the campus centerpiece

Get involved! The more involved you are, the more connected you are with our community. Everyone is different, and we encourage you to find the campus life activities that best serve you. Do you want to share current hobbies with new friends or learn a new one? Don’t miss our many student clubs, with both career and recreational themes. Maybe volunteering or athletics are more your style. Either way, we encourage you to get involved because campus life is a major part of your well-rounded Mount Ida education.

Whether you are interested in social, cultural or intellectual engagement, the Office of Student Affairs can help you find your niche at (617) 928-4612.