» Skip Navigation

Student Account and Billing Statements

Open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the Office of Student Financial Services at Mount Ida College maintains your college financial records. Our helpful and informative staff oversees tuition and fees, billing statements, tuition payments and application of financial aid toward your student account.

Students can view their financial records anytime by logging into their MiWeb account and clicking Menu, Student, and then Financial Services.

Our semester billing cycle consists of only one initial bill prior to the start of each semester mailed to the student’s home address. Subsequent student account activity will be issued via email to the student’s Mount Ida email accounts and available via MiWeb portal self-service.

To help you along the way, we’ve developed a comprehensive 2017-2018 Undergraduate Billing Guide and a 2017-2018 Graduate Award and Billing Guide.

Tuition Payment Deadlines:

Summer bills are due in full prior to the start of classes. Those not paid by billing deadlines may be admisinstratively withdrawn from courses.

  • July 3, 2017 – Fall semester payments are due
  • January 2, 2018 – Spring semester payments are due

Bills not paid by the billing deadline will be placed on stop. Students are not permitted to check in or attend classes.

Monthly Billing Statements are E-mailed to your Mount Ida E-mail Address:

Every third week of the month, the Office of Student Financial Services will e-mail a billing reminder to your Mount Ida email. Any payments noted on your billing statement are due by the date indicated on your billing statement.

Making Payments through the Office of Student Financial Services:

You can choose from several payment options:

  1. Mail a check, payable to Mount Ida College, directly to the Office of Student Financial Services. (include student name and ID number on check)
  2. Pay by phone with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or e-check – (617) 928-4750
  3. Wire your tuition payment to Mount Ida College. Please call (617) 928-4750 to request wire instructions.
  4. Pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or e-check through the online Nelnet QuikPAY Systems via MiWeb Portal, Self Service. If the pop up blocker should come up while you are trying to make a payment click here for instructions to disable it.
  5. Make a payment by cash (exact change), check or Visa, MasterCard, Discover card in person at the Office of Student Financial Services.
  6. Make monthly payments, after signing up for a payment plan through Tuition Management Systems.

* If paying by cash, you must have the exact amount due.

*Insufficient funds and returned checks are subject to a fee which will be added to your student account. The college reserves the right to refuse future checks unless in the form of a bank check or money order.

*If efforts by the Office of Student Financial Services to collect the monies owed are unsuccessful, the account may be placed with a collection agency, and if the delinquency persists, that account may be reported to a national credit bureau. It is the policy of the College to pass on to the debtor all reasonable costs associated with collection of the debt through a collection agency. If at any time the student believes information concerning payment delinquency is inaccurate, he/she should notify the Office of Student Financial Services at: 617-928-4750.

Parents and Guardians:

If you would like access to details on your student’s account, please have your student file the proper privacy exemption paperwork.

  • Students can create an Authorized Payer, someone that is authorized to make payments against an account (for example a Parent, Guardian, Aunt, Uncle, etc.).
  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of a student’s education, financial and academic records. For the student’s protection, FERPA limits release of student record information without the student’s explicit written consent. If the student would like the Office of Student Financial Services to share financial information (billing, financial aid application and award records) with a person other than themselves, the student can complete a FERPA release form with the Registrar’s Office. For additional information call 617-928-4503 or email registrar@mountida.edu.

Billing Dispute Policy:

If you believe your billing statement contains an error, or you wish to dispute any item contained on it, please review the Billing Dispute Policy .

Credit Balance Authorization Form:

If you wish to authorize Mount Ida College to retain excess funds to pay any charges that might be assessed to your account, please submit a Credit Balance Authorization Form to the Office of Student Financial Services.

Uncashed Title IV Refund Checks:

As of January 1, 2017 excess funds, from Title IV refund checks issued to students or parent borrowers, which are not cashed within 180 days of issue will be returned to the student account and refunded to the Department of Education.

Return to Title IV Funds:

Students who withdraw from all classes, but attended the College for at least one day during the semester and received or was eligible to receive financial aid, are subject to a Return to Title IV Funds calculation. This calculation is mandated by the federal government. In circumstances when the College must return funds to the federal government it may result in an amount owed to the College. The Return to Title IV Funds calculation is independent of the institution’s refund policy. Institutional Merit and Need Based funds are adjusted according to the College Withdrawal Adjustment Schedule.

Good Financial Standing:

To be in Good Financial Standing, a student must have settled their student account for all charges currently due. A student’s account is considered “settled” when it is either paid or cov­ered by one of the following:

  •  Anticipated Financial Aid, including alternative loans, with no outstanding paperwork or other issues remaining. Funds must be approved by the lender to be disbursed directly to the College at a specific future date.
  • A current and up-to-date payment plan established through Mount Ida College’s third- party servicer, Tuition Management Systems (TMS), which allows payments to be spread over the course of the academic year.

Students with a balance are not eligible to receive transcripts or a diploma. Students may view their balance by logging into their MIWeb account.

All tuition and fees are payable on the date specified prior to the opening of each semester. Students may not check in at the start of the semester or depart for Mount Ida College sponsored study abroad/exchange programs until all outstanding financial matters have been resolved. Any individual who fails to settle all outstanding balances may not register, attend classes, de­part for or participate in a Mount Ida College sponsored study abroad/ex­change programs, participate in student activities, including athletics, be provided transcript service, receive grade reports, or be granted a degree. The student is responsible for any costs incurred by the College in collecting past due balances. Stu­dents must be in Good Financial Standing in order to par­ticipate in all Mount Ida College programs and activities, including but not limited to participation as a resident assis­tant and student government leader.

Any student who is not in Good Financial Standing by the billing due date will have their course registration and housing assignment, if applicable, dropped for the upcoming semester.  Once Good Financial Standing is achieved, students will be permitted to register for courses and receive a housing assignment on a first available basis.  Please note, housing is not guaranteed to any Mount Ida College student.

Any subsequent charges added to an account, such as late fees, damage fees, judicial fees, etc. are due immediately. Students are expected to be in Good Financial Standing at all times.

Anticipated Financial Aid Payments

Students must complete and return all additional documen­tation, verification, corrections and/or new information re­quested by Mount Ida College’s Office of Student Financial Services or the outside agency to which an application was submitted. Financial aid awards will not be posted to a student’s account if any paperwork is missing. If paperwork remains outstand­ing, the financial aid may be forfeited and the student will remain responsible to pay any amounts that would have been covered by the financial aid.

Submitting a financial aid appeal or having an incomplete financial aid file does not change the billing due date. Outstanding charges are due on the billing due date, please plan accordingly.

Mount Ida One Card:

The Mount Ida One Card is the official identification card of Mount Ida College. It is issued to all members of the College Community and is required for identification and access to essential campus services. Replacement cards will result in a $25 fee.

Returned Check Policy

The return of a check (electronic or paper) issued to Mount Ida College will result in a $50.00 returned check fee placed on the account of the student on whose behalf the check was presented for each check, regardless of the reason.

Each account will be allowed two returned checks after which payment by check will NOT be accepted. Outreach will be made to the student and an updated bill will be mailed. A Student Financial Services STOP will be placed on the account affected until the account reaches Good Financial Standing.

Tuition and Fees:

Review full details on Mount Ida tuition and fees, including housing, meal plans and other required deposits and fees online.

Tuition Insurance – Protect Your Education Investment – Optional opt-in Program:

Helping families get the most out of your Mount Ida College experience is always our top priority. That’s why we’ve partnered with GradGuard™ to make the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan available to our families. The Tuition Refund Insurance Plan helps students and their families overcome the financial losses that may result from events which force students to withdraw from school at any time during the semester due to a medical withdrawal. This coverage strengthens and broadens the scope of the school’s existing refund policy. Enrollment must be completed prior to the first day of classes each semester. Learn more at GradGuard.com/tuition/mountida or call 1-866-724-4384.

Form 1098-T:

Your 1098-T will be available beginning February 28, 2018.

Student Refund Checks:

You may request a student refund check for any portion of any credit balance on your student account, even if you have filed a CBA (see above). Refund checks will only be issued for actual credit balances and will not be issued on any ‘pending’ or ‘anticipated’ payments. You may request to pick up or have your check mailed.  Please be aware that financial aid funds are not posted until after the add/drop period and stabilization has occurred each semester.

Book Advances:

Advances are made available to any student who has a pending credit on their student account.  To qualify for a book advance, students must have a complete, and if applicable, a verified financial aid file. Students participating in the monthly payment plan through TMS are not eligible for an advance. Advances are used to purchase textbooks and program specific school supplies and requests may not exceed the amount of the pending credit. Students must present the Office of Student Financial Services with an itemized list of textbooks required for the semester.  Checks will be provided to students after the first day of classes through the add/drop period.  After such time the College follows the standard credit balance process.

College Withdrawal Form:

Whether a student wishes to withdraw from the College temporarily or permanently, he or she must obtain an official College Withdrawal Form from the Office of the Registrar.

Refund Policy for Withdrawal:

Students who withdraw from the College may be eligible for a reduction of tuition, room and board and fee charges. To be eligible for such an adjustment, the student must complete a College Withdrawal form. The official date of withdrawal is determined by the Registrar. See the College Catalog for additional information.



The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of a student’s education, financial and academic records. For the student’s protection, FERPA limits release of student record information without the student’s explicit written consent. If the student would like the Office of Student Financial Services to share financial information (billing, financial aid application, and award records) with a person other than themselves, the student can complete a FERPA release form with the Registrar’s Office. For additional information call 617-928-4503 or email registrar@mountida.edu.

Policy Statement:

Mount Ida College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The college values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Mount Ida College admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all the students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of any of these categories in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship or loan programs, athletic or other college administered programs.