Tuition and Fees
Full-time undergraduate tuition and fees for 2016 – 2017
The cost of attendance is the estimated total amount that it will cost you to attend Mount Ida College. The total amount of financial aid, including grants, scholarships and loans cannot exceed this estimate. Your actual costs for direct charges (those billable by Mount Ida) can vary based on fees for specific programs and other choices you make regarding housing. In addition, indirect expenses (non-billable) such as books, transportation and other educational costs may vary based on individual needs.
We are providing this estimated cost of attendance for you so you may make an informed decision and appropriate plans for financing your college education. After you determine your financial aid eligibility, you are expected to meet all remaining financial obligations.
To help you along the way, we’ve developed a comprehensive 2016-2017 Billing Guide.
Direct Costs (billed by Mount Ida College)
|Room and board||$13,000|
Indirect Costs (not billed by Mount Ida College)
|Books and supplies*||$1,000||$1,000|
|Other educational expenses||$1,272||$1,272|
|Room and Board Allowance||$8,400|
|Total estimated cost:||$49,892||$45,492|
*Students enrolling in the Veterinary Technology, Design and Dental Programs (excluding Pre Dental Hygiene and Degree completion) should add $1,700 for expected program expenses.
- Course Overloads (over 18 credits): $750/credit.
- Single Room (including Townhouses), if approved, is an additional $1,300.
- Student Achievement Program:
- $2,300 for one session per week
- $4,600 for two sessions per week
- $6,900 for three sessions per week.
- Dental Hygiene fee: $450
- Veterinary Technology fee: $450
- Medical Insurance: $2,093
- Students not covered by comparable health insurance coverage, students who did not complete an approved online waiver by the August 25, 2016 deadline, or students who did not petition to waive (or whose waiver was denied) by the September 15, 2016 deadline will be responsible for the insurance charge as it appears on the bill.
- Specific courses or programs may require additional fees, which are listed in the course descriptions section of the college catalog. The college charges for these fees according to enrolled courses.
- Lock out charges are applied to a student’s account when they exceed their two free lock outs per semester. Charges per lock outs are $10.00 each.
- Lock Changes: $100
- MIC One Card ID Replacement: $25
- Returned Check Fee per occurrence: $50
- Residence Hall Damage Fee: $varies
- Housing Cancellation Fee: In order to make the room selection process more accessible, students are no longer required to submit a nonrefundable housing deposit. However, any student that selects housing but cancels that assignment prior to move in is subject to a $300 cancellation fee.
- Residential students who are approved for early arrival status who do not enroll in classes as noted by the academic calendar will be charged on a per day rate basis. This calculation is determined by the Office of Student Financial Services and students will be responsible for payment in full upon departure. The Fall semester per day rate is $61.
- Accounts not settled in full by the due date, as outlined under “Good Financial Standing,” will be subject to a late fee of $200 each semester.
- Commencement Fee: $50.00
- Summer Sessions – per credit hour: $450
- Summer Housing – per session: $1,642
- Summer Internship AF, BA, CJ, EM, HM, VT, FS: $900
- Summer Internship SM: $1,800
Full-time undergraduate deposits:
To ensure a seat in your class, the deposit requirement for a resident student is $300.
If you have questions on the cost of tuition and fees or our calculator, please contact our team from Office of Student Financial Services at (617) 928-4785 or at email@example.com.
Typical length of study and average student debt:
The typical length of study for a full-time, first-time freshman student pursuing a degree is approximately four years. Upon graduation, the average student loan debt is $47,636. Explore this section of our website to learn more about how you can decrease your student loan debt through federal, state and institutional aid programs.
Part-time undergraduate tuition:
If you are enrolled in less than twelve credits per semester, you are considered a part-time student. Tuition for part-time students is $975/credit
Graduate student tuition & aid:
The tuition for the Master of Science in Management programs for 2016 – 2017 is $595.00/credit or $545/credit for alumni.
7-Week Semester Course:
- Any student who officially withdraws from the class before the 6th calendar day after the start of class is eligible to receive 75% of tuition and fees, excluding the non-refundable deposit.
- Any student who officially withdraws from the class/classes between the 7th and 11th calendar day after the start of class is eligible to receive 50% of tuition and fees, excluding the non-refundable deposit.
- Any student who officially withdraws from the class/classes after the 11th calendar day after the start of class will receive no reduction in tuition and fees.
For more information on tuition and fees, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The per credit rate is $975.
For more information, please contact the Center for Global Connections & Continuing Education.
Monthly payment plan available:
If you would like to pay your tuition in 10 convenient installments, please visit Tuition Management System (TMS). For an $80 annual enrollment fee, you will not be charged any interest along with your monthly payments. You may pay by credit card or via automatic bank payment.
- Students enrolling for the Fall and Spring semesters may utilize the 10 convenient payment installment plan. The first payment is due in July and last payment the following April.
- Students enrolling for the Spring only may utilize the 5 convenient payment installment option. The enrollment fee is $60. The first payment is due in December, prior to enrolling in January.
- If payments are made with a credit card, TMS will charge a convenience fee of 2.99%.
- Payments are due on the 1st of each month.
- A late fee of $40 is charged by TMS each month the payment is not received on the 1st of the month.