Freshman admission application
If you are a high school student, you may apply by submitting the following:
- Our free online admission application or
- Our free paper admission application you can print, complete and mail to us: Mount Ida College, Office of Admissions, 777 Dedham Street, Newton, MA 02459 or
- Add us to your Common Application
- An official transcript from your high school (or a copy of your GED)
- Mount Ida College is test-optional. We do not require SAT or ACT scores, except for students applying to the following programs:
- Dental Hygiene
- Veterinary Technology
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation (strongly recommended for merit scholarship consideration)
- An essay describing your future plans and how Mount Ida College will help you to achieve them. We suggest you write about past academic successes and struggles (in either high school or college), extracurricular involvement, leadership positions held and awards you received. We also accept Common Application essays in place of this requirement.
- For students entering into any program in the School of Design (with the exception of Fashion Industry Marketing & Management), a portfolio is required. Please submit your portfolio here. If you have never prepared a portfolio before, instructions are provided at the link. Please note we encourage you to send your transcripts to Mount Ida as soon as possible. Design students who complete the rest of their admissions file may be conditionally admitted pending review of their portfolio.