Freshmen admission application
If you are a high school student, you may apply by submitting the following:
- Our free online admission application or
- Our free paper admission application you can print, complete and mail to us: Mount Ida College, Office of Admissions, 777 Dedham Street, Newton, MA 02459
- An official transcript from your high school (or a copy of your GED)
- SAT or ACT scores, if not already recorded on your high school transcript
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation* (strongly recommended for merit scholarship consideration)
- A 300-500 word essay* describing your future plans and how Mount Ida College will help you to achieve them. We suggest you write about past academic successes and struggles (in either high school or college), extracurricular involvement, leadership positions held and awards you received.
If you wish to enroll in our Dental Hygiene program, learn more about additional dental hygiene admission requirements, prerequisites and details.
*These requirements may be waived by the Admissions Office for some candidates.