» Skip Navigation


Am I a DACA-Dream Act student?

On June 15, 2012, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced a program, called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (also known as DREAM Act for Undocumented Students), for undocumented youth who meet a number of requirements. Youth granted DACA are protected from deportation for two years, subject to renewal, and provided with a work permit. In Massachusetts, DACAmented students can apply for a driver’s license.

Does Mount Ida College accept DACA students?

Yes. We accept students no matter what your citizenship status is. No federal law requires proof of citizenship to be admitted to Mount Ida College.

Am I eligible for federal or state financial aid?

No. Undocumented students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid.

Can I apply for other financial aid?

Yes. Just fill out the FAFSA form and send in the required documents. You will need a valid social security number in order to fill out this form.

Am I eligible for any scholarships?

Yes. All accepted students receive a merit scholarship. All you have to do is apply and send in the required documents for your application.

Please be sure to check the latest federal regulations, and be check with a Mount Ida admissions counselor, regarding the DREAM Act.