International admission application
If you are applying as an international student and have any questions, please contact our international student admissions specialist here. You may apply by submitting the following:
- Our free online admission application or
- Our free paper admission application you can print, complete and mail to us: Mount Ida College, Office of Admissions, 777 Dedham Street, Newton, MA 02459
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation, preferably from a teacher, academic advisor, or employer
- Official transcripts sent from your high school(s) directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- If English is not your first language, send your IELTS, TOEFL score, or successful completion of ELS Center’s Level 112 Course. You also may send SAT or ACT standardized test scores. They may be sent directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official high school transcript.
- Complete Declaration of Financial Support form with a current, official bank statement or a letter on bank stationery, verifying availability of at least $43,000.00 USD. Banking documentation should include the account owner’s name and relationship to you. In order to be admitted, it is required that you show that your family or your sponsor is in a position to pay tuition and costs. We accept original documents only. Please note that the Declaration of Financial Support form must be submitted to Admissions before we can issue you a Form I-20.
- For international college transfer students, in addition, you must submit your official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and high schools to our admissions team. Visit Transfer Students to learn more about transfer credit requirements.
F-1 Student Visa
Upon receipt of your completed international student application requirements above, our admissions team will review your application. If you are accepted, we will send your acceptance letter along with the Form I-20, which is required to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. We recommend you apply for your F-1 Student Visa as soon as possible.
For international transfer students, complete the F-1 Transfer Student Form for transferring your I-20 from your current institution.
If you are an international student who does not meet Mount Ida’s language proficiency requirements, we would like to inform you of the strategic partnership we have with ELS Language Center, which is located right on our campus.
ELS Language Center at Mount Ida provides international students with a wide variety of options ranging from intensive English programs and university placement assistance to executive business programs and vacation learning options. Taking ELS Language Center’s Level 112 course is another way to fulfill your language proficiency requirement at Mount Ida. Upon successful completion, you may enroll in your academic courses. To learn more about ELS Language Center at Mount Ida, contact Director Mark Schaerf at +1 617 244 4448 or at email@example.com.