Welcome to Mount Ida College! We are excited that you are joining our tight-knit, diverse community here in Newton, Massachusetts. Your next step is to take care of each item on the checklist below. To help make the enrollment process as easy as possible for you, we’re providing this “Mustang To Do” list. We will be updating it throughout the year, so check in from time-to-time. Of course, if you have any questions along the way, please contact our Admissions team any time.
Mustang to do list
- Sign Up for Orientation Summer Orientation Sessions are open for registration, and filling up fast! You can learn more and sign up by clicking here.
- Submit Your Tuition and Housing Deposit We require all admitted students to reserve their spot at the College with a $200 tuition deposit; for resident students, you need to pay $300 (the extra is to reserve a room for you in the residence halls). You may pay your enrollment or housing deposit online here.
- ACTIVATE YOUR TECHNOLOGY ACCOUNT (Email and MIWeb): You can activate your technology account simply by logging into the official Mount Ida College email and MIWeb service. Login information will be sent directly to you from Mount Ida Technology Services in the spring. Once you’ve activated your account, please visit the New Student tab in MIWeb for additional helpful information and resources throughout the year.
- HOUSING If you are planning to live on campus, you will need to fill out a residential application and select roommate preferences. You will need to submit the deposit and have your technology account activated before starting this process. You will receive notification from Residence Life in the spring on how to get started.
- Health Forms Incoming students are required to have the Immunization Record and Student Health Information and Consent Form completed and returned to Student Health Services by June 30, 2015. You can find the forms and further information here.
- HEALTH Insurance Waiver All full-time and three-quarter-time students in Massachusetts are required to be enrolled in a qualifying health insurance plan. Mount Ida College automatically enrolls all students. If a student wishes to stay on their current health insurance plan, they must waive the Mount Ida policy by August 26, 2015. Please see more information and directions to waive the added health insurance here.
- FINANCIAL AID Applying for financial aid? Starting January 1, 2015 students can apply online here. Please make sure you contact of the Office of Student Financial Services with any questions.
- Student ACHIEVEMENT Program The Student Achievement Program (SAP) is a fee-for-service academic support program that offers students the opportunity to develop essential skills to support successful learning. Students who join SAP have an assigned learning specialist who works with them one-on-one and in small groups to build on strengths, identify strategies, and establish a clear pathway to achievement in their major field of study. To learn more about SAP, please click here.
- JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP Connect with your soon-to-be classmates! You can join the official Mount Ida College Class of 2019 Facebook Group and start making friendships that will last a lifetime.
For more information or questions, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.