Using the Library at Mount Ida College
• All members of the Mount Ida College community have access to all of the library’s resources, both on and off campus.
• Your Mount Ida College ID card is your library card; the number under the barcode is your library card number.
• Food and drink (non-alcoholic beverages) are allowed in the library. Feel free to snack while you study!
• The library has desktop computers and two copiers, both black and white and color, for printing, copying, and scanning.
• The library is part of the Minuteman Library Network, and Minuteman patrons are welcome to use materials through network transfer and in person.
• Talking on cell phones is not permitted in the library; please take all calls outside.
• Mount Ida College community members can are welcome at any library in the Minuteman Library Network, using their ID card as a Minuteman library card.
• All patrons can pick up and return Minuteman library materials at Wadsworth Library.
• The library staff will request to borrow any materials that students, faculty, or staff cannot find at Wadsworth Library or in the Minuteman Library Network through the OCLC, a global library cooperative.
Circulation of materials
• Most circulating materials (e.g. books) may be borrowed for a three-week period.
• You may borrow DVDs for one week.
• Current-issue periodicals, reserves and reference books are for in-library use only. Back-dated print journals and magazines may circulate for a three week period.
• Please see a librarian to use non-fiction audiovisual materials.
• You can renew materials online by logging into your Minuteman account.
Overdue or lost materials
• You will be fined 10 cents per day for each overdue title. The maximum overdue fine is $5.00 per item, unless the item is lost or damaged. Fines can be paid online.
• Patrons will be billed for cost of replacement plus a $15.00 processing fee for lost or damaged materials.
• Unpaid bills and non-returned materials will prevent you from borrowing additional materials from any Minuteman Library, including the Wadsworth Library.