Study abroad application, registration and deadlines
To apply for a semester or summer study abroad program as an independent traveler, please complete these steps and meet these deadlines:
- Schedule an appointment with the Global Connections director by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, major, when you want to go abroad and for how long, and what destinations you are considering.
- Read the Mount Ida Study Abroad Handbook, available on MIWeb > My Academics > Global Connections > Semester Study Abroad Handbook.
- Meet with your academic advisor to identify the courses you want to take abroad to make sure they fit with your academic plan and continue to move you toward an on-time graduation.
- Complete and submit the study abroad application, contract and other forms by the deadlines. These forms are at the back of the Handbook.
- Deadlines for individual study abroad are below. Because study abroad programs fill early, we recommend applying early.
Fall semester abroad: March 15
Summer program: March 15
Spring semester abroad: October 15
Study abroad financial aid
Special financial aid options exist for students wishing to study abroad. Mount Ida’s Center for Global Connections recommends these sites for additional information on study abroad financial aid: