Design Week at Mount Ida: July 25- August 1, 2015
Mount Ida Design Week, from July 25- August 1, 2015, is a chance for you and fellow rising junior and senior high school students to get inspired and informed about different career paths in design. Regardless of your design experience, we want you to dive in, explore and enjoy the residential experience of our beautiful New England campus.
Get inspired and informed about career paths in design
Design Week is a fun and focused way to discover if a career in design might be in your future. You will participate in studio classes that will take your design know-how to new levels and meet like-minded peers who enjoy and appreciate design. As importantly, you will design your very own portfolio that you can take home with you. In addition, Design Week offers you opportunities to:
- Use state-of-the-art technology
- Get hands-on studio experience
- Work with leading design instructors
- Experience campus life with new friends
Choose one workshop you like best
Our School of Design is pulling out all the stops to present you with awesome design workshops, led by our industry-experienced professors. Choose from one of these six workshops and pursue your passion for design:
- Animation, Game Art & Digital Visualization: Our robust program is a real tour de force in 3D computer graphics. In just one week, you’ll gain foundational understanding in game design, 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, animation and rendering. Every step of the way will be guided by industry-experienced instructors, who will also show you how to compose your seven-day experience into a killer portfolio.
- Commercial Photography: A chance to discover the exciting world of commercial photography through the lens of Mount Ida’s industry seasoned faculty. Learn the ins and outs of the digital camera and how to get amazing results from your work.
- Fashion Design: The Fashion Design Program at Mount Ida’s School of Design gives aspiring designers a chance to hone their talents with gifted professors who work in the field. Learn fashion design from the ground up, by using art, fashion design basics, pattern techniques, and presentation skills to cultivate your passion.
- Fashion Merchandising and Marketing: Are you always ahead of the latest fashion trends? Take a peek into the exciting world of fashion merchandising. Students will explore the planning, buying, and marketing elements of the fashion industry. Workshop topics will include retailing, buying, fashion history, visual merchandising and consumer behavior.
- Graphic Design: Interested in developing your skills and creativity through our hands-on experiences? This is a chance for young artists and designers to come together and explore the world of design. Students will engage in a variety of creative problem-solving assignments and through critiques and practice will develop design fluency in several areas of graphic design.
- Interior Design: When you are in a room, do you notice what works and what you might want to change? Do you like to design or redesign your room? Are you a creative and artistic person?If you answered yes to some of these questions than our interior design program is the right fit for you
Out of the design studio, you and your fellow high school designers will enjoy all that a private New England college campus has to offer: a picturesque 72-acre suburban college campus in the beautiful and safe community of Newton, Massachusetts. With many of our college students home for the summer, as a Summer Design Week participant, you will get a taste of college in a relaxed and fun environment, living in the residence halls with professional staff, enjoying meals in the dining commons, and exploring our new campus center.
Before you arrive, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We will be posting news and information about the program before, during and after Design Week using the hashtags: #MountIda #DesignYourSummer.
Be sure to join in on the conversation!
Affordable and convenient location
Mount Ida Design Week, from July 25- August 1, 2015, is a great opportunity and value.
Early registration: $800 if paid in full by May 1
Regular registration: $950
This all inclusive fee covers everything—workshops, studio time, meals and housing. This one week only program has limited capacity.
Contact us and registration
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact Marie Bury of Admissions at (617) 928-4506 or email@example.com. Hope to see you this summer!